Home-Blayney Shire Council-Logo

Construction Certificate (CC)

Before you physically start any building or construction work, you will need to apply for a CC to go with your DA approval.
This certificate confirms that the construction plans and development specifications are consistent with the development consent, and comply with the Building Code of Australia and any other council requirements. The National Construction Code (NCC) is a uniform set of technical provisions for the design, construction and performance of buildings and plumbing and drainage systems throughout Australia. It is published and maintained by the Australian Building Codes Board, on behalf of and in collaboration with the Australian Government and each State and Territory Government.

The NCC is made up of the:
  • Building Code of Australia (BCA), being Volumes One and Two (given effect through the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979)
  • Plumbing Code of Australia, being Volume Three (given effect through the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011).
What you will need to include in your application:
  • Structural Plans (designed a suitably qualified structural engineer);
For more information regarding NCC & BCA requirements see NSW Planning Portal.

In conjunction with a CC application you will also need to nominate the same body (either Council or accredited certifier) as the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) which enables them conduct the necessary inspections which results in the issuing of an Occupation Certificate. If you decide to appoint Council as your PCA please complete Council's PCA Appointment form and submit you’re your CC application. If you do not appoint Council as the PCA, you must notify Council of the appointment of the accredited Private Certifier at least 2 days prior to the commencement of any building work.

If there are any conditions in your consent listed as ‘Prior to commencing work’; you will need to complete those items prior to construction commencing. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Council.
Last modified: 19 Oct 2021